Commercial Pest Control in Arizona
Every business owner, office manager, and floor supervisor knows the importance of maintaining a clean and safe work environment for employees as well as customers. Commercial pest control is of utmost importance to ensure work spaces are free of invasive insects, scorpions, and rodents.
A business not adhering to local, state, and federal guidelines is susceptible to being closed or shuttered, meaning loss of income for owners, investors and employees. Pests can introduce diseases, cause damage to infrastructure, and even lead lawsuits. Beyond that, a company not providing a pest free environment is simply unattractive to work in and do business with, and potentially harmful to your reputation.
From restaurants, to offices, to warehouses, to healthcare and agricultural settings, all businesses should go above and beyond to protect the workplace from pests. Owners and managers should ensure they are working with a commercial pest control company that can provide that level of service as well.
Restaurant Pest Control
Pests are attracted to sources of food, water and shelter – three things that restaurants and commercial food facilities provide in spades. Without taking proper preventative steps, restaurants and food service facilities could see populations of rodents, flies, cockroaches, ants and more. Commercial pest control services are paramount to ensuring your business stays open and clean.
Many restaurants and food service facilities have already contracted with pest professionals to prevent infestations from occurring. A working partnership between facility managers and licensed, trained pest professionals is critical in controlling pest populations.
Licensed and professionally trained pest professionals for commercial pest control are best suited to keep health and property-threatening pests in check. Today’s pest professionals have the training necessary to identify pest problems and recommend the most responsible and effective pest management methods available. But, restaurants and commercial food facilities should train their internal staff to work as partners with pest professionals. While these locations may receive regular service from their contracted pest management firm, internal employees can take steps every day to help reduce pest populations.
Steps a Restaurant Can Take to Prevent & Control Pests
- Before accepting food shipments, inspect them for any signs of pests
- Store food in airtight storage containers and keep them off of the floor and at the proper temperature
- Don’t leave bulk food in cardboard containers, as they can attract cockroaches
- Make sure your employees know where the grease traps are and that they’re cleaned out on a regular basis
- Store your food on a first-in, first-out basis so that the oldest foods are used first and nothing is kept longer than it should be
- Regularly clean any spills, food scraps, and crumbs from counters, shelves, floors, and other surfaces
- Keep your trash bins tightly covered and empty them often
- Make sure your dumpster is away from your back door and that the lid is fitted on it tightly
- Regularly clean the inside and outside of your trash bins, as food can easily collect in many areas
Openings & Crevices
- Don’t keep your doors or windows propped open which can invite outdoor pests inside
- Make sure your door seals are tight and install door sweeps if there are gaps between the bottom of your doors and the floor
- Fix any holes, cracks, or crevices in your walls and floors
- If you have leaks in your sinks, pipes, or dishwasher, fix them quickly to eliminate excess moisture
Bug Guardian Pest Control recommends that restaurants and food service facilities implement a regular pest control program. This process involves common sense and sound solutions for treating and controlling pests. These solutions incorporate three basic steps: 1) inspection, 2) identification and 3) treatment. Treatment options vary from sealing cracks and removing food and water sources to pesticide treatments when necessary.
Bug Guardian Commercial Pest Control
Bug Guardian Pest Prevention offers commercial pest control services throughout the Phoenix area with a satisfaction guarantee. Contact us today to find out how we can help protect your Arizona business from pests.
Bug Guardian offers the following commercial pest control services: