Physical Characteristics of Silverfish in Phoenix
- Body is scaly and soft
- Brownish to silver in hue, measuring up to ¾” in length
- Long and round at top, tapering at the bottom of the body with 3 protruding tails
- A pair of antennae appear on the Silverfish’s head
- Exhibit extreme fear of light, making them difficult to be detected by humans
Phoenix Food Sources
- Starches and dextrin – Sources include fabrics, hair, carpet, paints and adhesives, etc.
- Females lay up to 60 eggs at a time
- Can live up to 10 years
Related Information and Warnings
- Although harmless to humans, its droppings can contaminate food
- Can be destructive to fabrics, papers and adhesives
If you notice a Silverfish or have feel as though you have an infestation in your Phoenix property please feel free to call Bug Guardian at (480)345-2847.