Pests and rodents aren’t simply a nuisance – they can severely affect your health and the health of your family. This is why bug and insect prevention is critical in protecting homes, businesses, schools and any other place where human beings live, work or play from a pest infestation.
Here are some general tips to prevent household pests and rodents from entering your home:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.