What to Ask When Hiring a Pest Mangement Company
The most effective way to deal with a scorpion infestation in Arizona is to hire a Pest Management Professional (PMP), frequently known as an “Exterminator”. If you try to control bed bugs on your own you are likely to fail. When looking for a PMP take the time to do some research and find a good company. The cheapest may not be the best option.
Questions to Ask the Pest Management Professional
When looking for a PMP to help you, we recommend that you ask the following questions:
- Are they licensed? Ask to see the issued license before work commences.
- Does your company carry liability insurance?
- Is the company affiliated with the National Pest Management Association? (The NPMA has drafted best management practices for their members to follow).
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to learn if the company has a complaint history.
- How much experience does the company and applicator have inspecting and treating for bed bugs? What kind of training do employees receive, and how often?
- What is the company’s standard procedure for dealing with bed bug infestations?
- What is the length of the treatment?
- What are your (as the customer) responsibilities in helping control the infestation?
- Ask the PMP if follow up visits, after the initial treatment, are part of the management plan?
- If a heat treatment is planned, does the company also use a supplemental insecticide?
- What safety precautions need to be taken during a bed bug treatment?
After the Pest Management Professional has completed treatment, contact the company if you have concerns or questions. To take the guess work out of hiring a Pest Management Professional contact Bug Guardian Pest Prevention today with years of licensed experience and a satisfaction guarantee we are defending your home or business from bug invasion. And changing the way pest control is done, one customer at a time.