How to Keep Your Arizona Home Kitchen Pest Free!
Kitchens have always been a gathering place in the home; however, there are some unwelcome visitors homeowners would rather not gather in the place where we store, cook and eat our food – pests! Cockroaches, rodents, fruit flies and pantry pests can all easily find their way into kitchens contaminating foods, spreading bacteria and ruining a “sacred” space in the home. At Bug Guardian we have a list of way on how to keep your Arizona home kitchen pest free!
- Keep counters, floors, pantry shelves, cabinets and sinks clean, as crumbs and spills are obvious pest attractants.
- Only purchase food in sealed packages that show no sign of damage.
- Once packages are opened, move ingredients into sealed glass or Tupperware-type containers with secure lids before storing them in the pantry or cabinet.
- Check expiration dates on baking ingredients before use and visually inspect previously opened items before adding them to a recipe.
- Dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Seal cracks or holes around the stovepipes and water pipes.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Consult a licensed pest professional if an infestation has already taken root.