Physical Characteristics of Phoenix German Cockroaches
- Measures 10 to 15 mm long
- The thorax includes two dark parallel streaks
- Males appear thin and narrow; Females appear round stocky
- Nocturnal and afraid of light
- German Cockroaches can be found near food, warmth and moisture
- Produce chemical trails which exist in their fecal matter. These trails are used for mating and swarming and transmit bacteria onto the surfaces which they are deposited.
Phoenix Food Sources
- Omnivorous scavengers preferring greasy materials
- Females produce one egg case containing up to 48 eggs every 20 to 25 days
- Lifespan ranges up to 12 months
Related Information and Warnings
- German cockroaches are common in Phoenix, especially during warmer months
- German Cockroaches can resist many insecticides
If you notice a German Cockroach or have feel as though you have an infestation in your Phoenix property please feel free to call Bug Guardian at (480)345-2847.